Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Art Bible: Silhouette

 


So, for my silhouettes I really wanted to capture shape language of the Ratchet and Clank enemies while keeping the overall vibe of the Tripod. When gathering references, I noticed that many of the enemies have these huge heads and small lower bodies, so I really wanted to capture that vibe. After doing the first silhouette, I realized that it didn't look right without the tentacles, so I decided to add it to the rest of them. I really feel like that addition makes it feel more reminiscent of War of the Worlds. For the very last 2, I wanted them super similar to the original Tripod and I think those might be my favorites; especially the one second to last. I overall had a lot of fun messing around with the silhouettes.

Here are my references: I added the enemies from Munch's Oddysee and the Grievers from Maze Runner because I felt like it captured the shape that I wanted.  



Here is my Perforce submission:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Bridge: High Res

  This is my high res bridge. I fought for my life, my shoulders hurt but I think it looks pretty ok! I really like how the wood planks turn...